Sunday, November 25, 2007

Fashion..

Fashion is something that intrigues me. It's dictated by people who wear something that they think is cool, and followed by people who think that those people are cool, whatever they wear. So those people start to wear the clothes that the people who are "cool" wear. But the "cool" people can't have any of that. They do not want to be associated with the following-masses! So they in turn find more and more obscure things to wear, trying to maintain their identity as individuals.

But here's the secret...
Most people don't want to be individuals. And this is because it's difficult to be an individual. You are either applauded for your "out-of-the-box" thinking, or you are shunned for being a hippie. Trying to be an individual is, quite ironically, not very individual nowadays.

My view of fashion has been a delayed one. What I seem to do, purely unintentionally, is be highly unfashionable all the time by wearing clothes that were in fashion about a year ago. That way, I get to miss all the awkward looks that "Fashion Pioneers" have to endure, and I can choose from what I like from all the past fashions. Because, let's face it, fashion is uncomfortable. Nowadays, the fashion is apparently tight shirts and even tighter jeans. Tight jeans?! Most peculiar if you ask me. I've only just cottoned onto wearing jeans with t-shirts.

This is my plea to humanity: DON'T MAKE FOOLS OF YOURSELVES BY WEARING OUTLANDISH CLOTHING THAT LOOKS STUPID JUST BECAUSE YOU WANT PEOPLE TO WEAR WHAT YOU ARE WEARING IN 3 MONTHS, EVEN THOUGH YOU KNOW IT LOOKS PECULIAR TO SAY THE LEAST! If we're all going to be "individuals" then we may as well all be individuals who don't look ridiculous..

Toodle-pip
andrewthekerr

1 comment:

Badger-With-Spoon said...

I agree with you, you rebel you. I shake my fists in anger at those individualistic non-individuals. I throw off the shackles they have put on me to wear silly clothing and decide to be different. Now I run around in a pink thong. Not to worry that I look ridiculous (albeit slightly sexy), I don't care because this will be fashion in three months. I hope.

badger-with-spoon