Monday, October 12, 2009

I Knew You'd Say That..

There are certain things in this world that are just not cricket. Rugby for example.

Now that that joke is out of the way, I want to talk about psychics.

I think that psychics get a pretty bad rep in general. I also happen to think that they deserve it. Let's face facts. It's a con. Crystals, smoke and funny cards don't give you any insight into the passing of a long, lost relative. It may help your sinuses, but it's easier just to take a Panado. That's right. I've just compared psychics as a collective group around the world to a single Panado... and the Panado won.

What is even sadder is the actual people who go to psychics in order to reach the other side. (Just ask a chicken for Pete's sake. Poor Pete..) Now, one might argue that these people have no options left. Their town may be in a bit of a Panado depression, and they thought if they needed another solution, may as well make it a nice day out. I'd love to believe this, but then I'd also love to believe that the Gravy Train is actually a train full, and made out, of gravy. Man that would be cool. And scientifically interesting. But people do really spend money on other people in a bandanna, adorned in rings and bracelets, and generally smelling of mysticism, to connect them with people who really don't want to be connected with. Rule 1 of any scary movie ever: They're dead. Leave them alone!

I have not met a psychic. I don't know what I'd say to them if I did meet one because, if they really can do what they say they can, I don't need to tell them anything. I think I'd just say, "Oh, so you're a psychic. . . . Bye!"

I don't hate psychics. They are just people too. In fact, they are pretty smart people if they've managed to suck in so many loyal followers. I could probably learn some tricks from them. Maybe then more people would read this blog. I think I'm going to have a go:

"HEAR YE! If you want to connect with interesting YET SERIOUSLY MYSTERIOUS AND POSSIBLY SPOOKY internet ramblings, tune in with your PSYCHIC POWERS computer to this website, and ALL YOUR DREAMS might appear in this GLOOM OF TIME blog."

Now cross my inbox with silver..

Toodle-pip,
andrewiconkerr

2 comments:

andrewthekerr said...

What's even more classic is just after I posted this, the first advert I see on this eBlogger website thing is "Need a psychic?" etc.

Classic..

Hugh Lashbrooke said...

Hugh likes this.

The ads are based on whatever content is on the page you're on, hence the psychic ads...either that or Blogger is actually psychic and displaying what you're thinking about, thus rendering your whole blog post null and void. Hmm...