Thursday, August 6, 2009

It's..

"It's all about the money."

This song has been running through my brain for almost a week now, and it is starting to annoy me. At one stage I started to think about it deeply, to see if it had any value in it, as a philosophical statement. It certainly sound like it does. Many things are all about the money, like banking and shopping. And amusement parks. Wow. That's a lot of things. Could the band Meja be right? Could it be true? Is this all that life comprises of?

No.

Because the next line states that "it's all about the
dum dum du-dee-dum dum."

I don't know what this means, but clearly they came to a realization in the middle of a song that a combination of
dums and dees was actually what it's all about and that these were not to be taken lightly. Not only that, but now I'm even more confused because as I child it was all about the 'Hokey-Pokey'.

Sherbet. This is not going well. Somebody needs to come to some consensus, or we as a global population are not going to know what it's all about! This could be catastrophic. If Alaska doesn't know what it's all about then they might just melt all the snow they have on a whim. Or if Jamaica doesn't know what it's all about then they might get all stressed and stop doing the limbo. Or if Australia doesn't know what it's all about then they might stop-actually, maybe that would be
ok.

I don't know what it's all about. You may think you know what it's all about but I don't think you do know what it's all about, especially if what you think it's all about is also what I think it's all about, when it's really not about it at all. But whatever the case, we need to know. Urgently.

Maybe the Government will give me some research funding..

Toodle-pip,
andrewiconkerr

No comments: