Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I don't like R&B much. Some people like it. Some people like it a lot. There's just too MUCH singing in every song. When a normal singer goes, "You are my love..", an R&B singer will go, "YouOOOOuuAAoOOaauO are my-hy-Hy LoOOaUAUAOOOVE-oowoh-woh-woh!" and I don't like that. Why not just say it like it is, or like you would speak it. If someone said that to me like the R&B people sing it, I would a) Run or b) Run.

Another thing about R&B that I can't abide, is something so subtle, only people with an immense dislike for the music would pick it up. It's bells. Those silly little tinkly things that the percussion sections in an orchestra has for the certain occasions when they do R&B numbers. It's like fingernails on a chalkboard, it really is. I feel like I'm being forced to induce all the soppiest moments from every Disney movie ever made simultaneously!

So, next time you hear an R&B number, I hope this message will ring loudly in your ears, as it may help to drown out the awful racket of the song.

Toodle-pip,
andrewthekerr

No comments: